Thursday, November 5, 2009

His music/His life story

Driving into work this morning, I was listening to Samuel's music and wondering what he was thinking when he composed it. I was listening to an instrumental and replayed it over and over again. The music was like the story of his life. It starts out with just the keyboard, representing his birth/childhood, next he brings in the bass and other instruments. The crescendo builds, with the bass booming, telling of his life, his hopes, his dreams, and then it all dies, and it's just the keyboard again, the end of his life. I don't think Samuel was thinking of that when he composed the music, but it's what I think when I listen to it. He's in the prime of his life, striving to make his dreams come true and within an instant, it's all gone. His music is silenced…..

No comments:

Post a Comment