Monday, January 7, 2008

We're playing basketball.....

Curtis Blow
Basketball


Chorus: They're playing Basketball,

We love that Basketball,
They're playing Basketball,
We love that Basketball

(Now rapping Basketball, Number 1, Kurtis Blow)

Basketball is my favorite sport,I like the way they dribble up and down the court,
Just like I'm the King on the microphone, So is Dr. J and Moses Malone,
I like Slam-dunks, take me to the hoop,
My favorite play is the alley-oop,
I like the pick-and-roll, I like the give-and-go,
Cause it's Basketball, uh, Mister Kurtis Blow...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We are in the midst of basketball season. Fonzy is assistant coaching at Apex Middle and the boys are playing in the city league. We try to keep the boys involved sports. They've played Little League baseball, PeeWee football and now basketball. Who know's what's next....hockey maybe?

The boys love watching Apex Courgars play, so we try to attend all the home games. Tonight was the first home game since Christmas break.


Elijah and Ezekiel amazed that there favorite player on the team sat in front of them.

Elijah kept saying, "Mom, that's Quincy. I can't believe that's Quincy. Take our picture!"

Huddle up - see Coach Veale on the left.


Coach Veale coaching.


See what happens when Coach Veale coaches - SWISH - nothing but net!


Final score - Home: 60 Guests: 42

GO APEX COUGARS!


Now on to the boys games. First up is Elijah's (number 22 on maroon team) game. Now Elijah is what you call a ball-hog. He is a good player and knows it and he doesn't want anyone else to get the ball. He said when someone else get's the ball, they never make the shot. They just keep shooting and shooting. He said he alway's gets his shots. Very humble, huh?


Coach Veale/Daddy


Next up is Ezekiel's game, also number 22. I told them to get number 22 for my birthday, Jan 22 and for Fonzy's and I wedding anniversary, Feb. 22.


Ezekeil was fouled, so here is, making his free throws. He missed the first one...


But hit the second one!


After their games, the boys decided to play a little one on one....



No comments:

Post a Comment