Monday, January 7, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Yeah, I know it's January 7, and I am just now posting about our Christmas, but for some reason I can't seem to get it together. I think Fonzy and I are still on vacation mode. It's so bad, I still have our tree up, and I usually have that down the day after Christmas.

Well, the drive to Texas was LONG one. We ended up not making any stops along the way. I think Fonzy was ready to get home to see his family, so we drove straight through. It took us 26 hours to finally get to his Mom's house. 26 hours in a car with 3 kids. Actually, I can't complain, it wasn't too bad. The boys had plenty of DVD's and games to play. What did we ever do without the gadgets of today. They would probably do something educational, like read a book. Do kids of today even know about reading for entertainment, probably not.

Anyways, here is Elodia's Christmas tree....isn't it pretty? So much better than our Charlie Brown tree that is still up. Look at all the presents!

Here is my beautiful mother-in-law, scrubbing her kitchen floor, where her old stove and refrigerator were. She must of been very good this year, cuz Santa bought her brand new kitchen appliances....stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave, amongst other things. I personally think she bribed Santa. No one can be THAT good. She is going to get me for posting this lovely picture of her. I will have to scan her professional pictures so you can see how beautiful she really is. I have to admit, I am blessed with the best mother-in-law in the world, and I am not being sarcastic, or kissing up. Really, I'm not.

Once Elodia got her brand spankin' new appliances, which she got BEFORE Christmas mind you....she put us to work cooking. Here's Destinie, myself and Mina(sister-in-law), slaving away. Mina was the dictator of course. This was her meal. She made a roast, cabbage(I love her cabbage), and some sort of potatoes she saw on the Food Network I believe. They were the bomb!



Here I am slaving away at the new stove, can't you see the sweat pouring off my head. No...OK, maybe I staged this just a bit for my blog. I wanted to make it look like I was working hard, but in reality, I had the apron on for looks, and in the pot were whole potatoes boiling. I just decided to stir the water around a bit.



I'm not really sure what Elodia was doing in this picture. I think she was telling us how fine she is, and blowing us kisses.


You know, as I started looking through my pictures, I realized I didn't take pictures of anyone opening presents, except this one of Grandpa. What kind of blogger am I, not to take pictures of everyone opening presents. Obviously, not a good one.


Well, a Christmas post wouldn't be complete without showing some of my favorite things I got this year.

My dear, sweet sister-in-law got me this Betty Boop purse. (I may be sucking up a bit) Anyone who knows Mina, may not necessarily associate the word sweet with her. At least no one I know. Let's just say, she has made me cry on a few occasions, but I've come to understand her a little more, and when she tells me, "She loves me, but she really doesn't like me", I know she really does love me and like me! At least I think she does. Well, at least she hasn't made me cry recently....and this cute Betty Boop purse makes up for all the tears anyway!

Elodia shares my addiction of coffee, so it was no surprise when I saw she got me an Espresso/Cappuccino maker! Now instead of spending almost $5 at Starbucks, I can make my own.

And last, but certainly not least, here is my Christmas present from Karen (my sister) A pink Betty Boop robe. This has got to be the softest robe I have ever felt. It feels so good to get out of a hot shower and wrap up in this. I think I will be wearing this until it starts to fall apart!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time.. Thanks for posting pics of your family.. Everyone looks so nice.

    PS..You look skinnier then your other pics :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete