Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yep, today is my birthday and I plan on sharing this day with you all. I have been taking pictures since I hit the alarm clock this morning and plan on posting all my pictures before I go to bed tonight. Until then, I want to share what was up on this date in history. Top TV shows, Hit songs, and famous people I share this date with, so here goes....
Hit songs in 1971

Black Magic Woman - Carlos Santana

Got a black magic woman,
I got a black magic woman
I got a black magic woman got me so blind I can't see
I got a black magic woman
She try'in to make a devil out of me

Turn your back on me baby,
turn your back on me baby
Turn your back on me baby don't turn babe
Turn your back on me baby You might just pick up my magic sticks

Got your spell on me baby,
got your spell on me baby
Got your spell on me baby turnin my heart into stone
I need you so bad magic woman I can't leave you alone


I think Fonzy would agree with song. Here's a list of a few more hits in 1971.

Imagine - John Lennon
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Proud Mary - Ike and Tina Turner
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) - The Temptations
Hot Pants - James Brown - In my younger days, that would of related to me.
Wild Horses - Rolling Stones - I love horses!
River Deep-Mountain High - Supremes & Four Tops
Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers - cuz ain't no sunshine when I'm gone.
Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye
Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver - ok, I like this song. I grew up in Dunkirk, NY and yeah, it is kinda country, so take me home, country roads. Just replace West Virginia in the song with Dunkirk, NY
Never Can Say Goodbye - Jackson 5

OK, on to top TV shows in 1971.

1. All in the Family
2. The Flip Wilson Show
3. Marcus Welby, MD
4. Gunsmoke
5. ABC Movie
6. Sanford and Son - the best show of them all
7. Mannix
8. Funny Face
9. Adam-12
10. Mary Tyler Moore

No big news happened on the day I was born. I guess I was the big news of the day.

And last but not least, famous people I share this date with.

Linda Blair - star of Exorcist - hmmmm......no comment
DJ Jazzy Jeff
Diane Lane
Bill Bixby - star of Incredible Hulk series, which I loved!
Sam Cooke
Piper Laurie - the crazy mom in the movie "Carrie"- hmmmmm, again, no comment

I almost forgot to add, Starbucks was established in 1971. I LOVE me some Starbucks!

1971 was a good year!

1 comment: