Monday, January 14, 2008

Slave for a week

Yay Giants! Because of you, I have a slave for a week. One glorious week and it just so happens to fall on the dreaded week of the month, when my little friend comes for her monthly visit. My slave is in for a fun week, huh? Oh, who is my slave you ask...my dear sweet hubby, who happens to be a VERY SORE LOSER!


Fonzy and I decided to bet on this game, being I'm from NY and he is from TX. Now mind you, he cannot stand the Cowboys and have never rooted for them before, but he thought for sure they were going to win. I also can't stand the Cowgirls and don't particularly like the Giants, but we couldn't pass up the NY vs TX thing. We originally said the winner would have to keep the house clean all week. We are so bad about keeping our place clean. We clean on the weekends and by Monday, it's a wreck again. I don't know how we do it. So the loser has to make sure that before they go to bed, our home is nice and clean. I decided on Sunday morning to add something new to the bet, the loser has to cater to the winner. Whatever the winner wants for this whole week, the loser has to do. Oh, the things Fonzy had in mind. He was so confident the Cowboys were going to win. Before we agreed on the second part of the bet, he said, there are a few things I may want to know before I up the ante like that. First, the Cowboys had already beat the Giants twice in the regular season and they were playing in Dallas. Yeah, yeah, whatever. I have to admit, I was kinda nervous when he said they were playing in TX. So I asked who the quarterback was for Cowboys. I really don't keep up on who's quarterback, etc. Once he said Romo, I knew we were going to win. Romo is too wrapped up in Jessica Simpson to play football. We women have that power over men. And I told Fonzy as much.....Romo is too wrapped up in Jessica to win, even if she's not at the game. It's that voodoo that we do so well.

For the first half of the game, we were at Jay's (my brother) house. He was going for NY also. We left during halftime and had Jay call us if the Cowboys got a touchdown. Of course, they didn't, they had to settle for a field goal. Once we got home, Fonzy was talking mad junk. That picture up there was when he thought they had a chance and he was thinking of all the things he was going to have me do. See the smirk on his face. Well, that didn't last long. We got down to the final few seconds and I thought for sure the Cowboys were going to get that last touchdown, Romo threw the ball, and it was intercepted in end zone (this is what they call it, right, the end zone?) I jumped up and started screaming! The Giants had won! Beat the Cowgirls in their own house! I had my camera ready to take a picture of the score on TV, but Mr. Sore Loser wouldn't let me, he jumped in front of the TV and turned it off! He wouldn't even let me take his picture. That's why I'm posting this now, instead of last night. He may have thrown my laptop. Jay called as soon as we won and asked if Fonzy had his maid uniform on yet and was I getting my feet rubbed? Hahaha......of course Fonzy wouldn't even talk to him. Poor baby.

I will try not to go to hard on him this week. I did have him rub my head last night. I had a terrible headache from all the screaming, so that was the first thing my slave had to do....once he got over being a sore loser :) On second thought, I know he wouldn't go easy on me if he had won, so....all is fair in love and war :)

Fonzy wanted to do double or nothing on next weeks game, NY vs. Green Bay. I really don't like the Giants like that, but I guess I will bet again. But not double or nothing. I want my week of being catered to.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you girl!! Hope you have the best week! U deserve it!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete