Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stand Up If You've Ever Lied To Your Spouse

Our church home

Easter Sunday is one of the days out of the year that everyone decides to go church. You know the church is going to be packed, so you rush to get there on time or you'll be sitting in a folded chair in the aisle. I hate to admit, we are almost always late to church, so Easter was no exception. I thought for sure we weren't going to find a seat, but I guess we weren't the only ones running late. By the time our minister got up to preach, the church was packed! As usual our Minister was preaching a great sermon. He preached on the Easter story, but it was so much more. Our minister is all about family. Loving your family, keeping the family together, keeping marriages strong. You know, the marriage is key to keeping the family together. Well, our minister also has a sense of humor. Sometimes, he will say things, like if anyone has ever cussed out their spouse, please stand up. Then he will start to chuckle and say, I'm only kidding, don't stand up. No one ever stands up. We know he is just making a point.

Now, Fonzy has allergies. He had run out of his allergy medicine during the week, so he had a snotty nose on Sunday. Before the sermon, he had gone to the bathroom to blow his nose. But I guess he didn't think to grab tissue to bring back with him, in case his nose started to run again. Our minister started preaching and he was preaching up a storm. Everyone was amening and enjoying the service. Then it happened. He asked one of his famous questions....."If anyone has ever lied to their spouse, please stand up," and before he could even finish, Fonzy stood up to go to the bathroom to blow his nose. The church fell out laughing. Fonzy just shook his head and headed out to the bathroom with a smile on his face. Of course everyone turned and looked at me. Now, I blush easily, so my face turned bright red. I was laughing right along with everyone else, because it was really funny. I mean the timing was perfect, but I couldn't help the blushing. I hate that I blush so easily. Anyway, after church, everyone was telling him they could not believe he stood up. They said he would go down in history as the only one who was brave enough to stand up, when asked that question. Fonzy just laughed and said our minister set him up, or that they had planned it all. When we got to the minister to give him a hug/shake his hand, he could not stop laughing either. The whole thing was priceless.

5 comments:

  1. OMG that was funny.. My face would've turned bright red too... I love your stories.. keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa,I tried not to blush, but didn't work.I hate tha I blush so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blush really easily too! That's a great story to tell years from now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bawhaaaa! That is too funny. I'd have been the wife poking my dear hubby telling him he NEEDS to stand up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ana, thanks for stopping by.

    LOL....My hubby and I do our fair share of poking each other too when the minister is preaching.

    ReplyDelete