Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Smile - life is beautiful

Smile

Wow - it's October 18th already! This month is flying by.

This has always been my favorite time of year. It still is. Both Samuel and Manuel were born in October. Manuel's birthday was yesterday. He turned 21! Of course I had to give him the speech that just because you are of legal drinking age, doesn't mean you need to go out and act a fool. He called me this morning. He was suffering through work because of a hangover. My advice obviously went in one ear and out the other. He was at least smart enough to have a designated driver.

Samuels' birthday is on the 20th. He would have been 22. On his birthday I try to reminisce on all the good memories, and not the fact that he is no longer with us. I don't want his birthday to be a sad day, but a day to remember the life he had. No matter how short it was. He was here, he was loved, and I want that to be the focus of his birthday.

It's suppose to get chilly this week. The mornings have already been chilly....making it so hard to get out of our warm and cozy bed. The trees are starting to turn red, orange, yellow. I need to get out and take some pictures before they are all blown away. Been doing some baking, and loving the cozy feel of home. I'm ready to light up the fireplace and hibernate!

Lovin' October! Who's lovin' it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment