Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Merry Little Murder!!!!!!?????

Murder
sign at the public library in section for murder mysteries

During lunch today I headed to the library to pick up some books I had reserved. As I walked thru the door, I was stopped short by the sign above….Have yourself a Merry Little Murder???? I’m sure to someone who has never experienced the loss of a loved one to murder, this sign would be cute with the reference to having a Merry Little Christmas, but it made me literary sick to my stomach. I just stood there for a minute dumbfounded. There wasn’t anything merry about Samuel’s murder or anyone’s murder for that matter.

I have to admit, I’ve read murder mysteries before, but I’m not sure I could now. I use to watch First 48, but don’t watch that anymore either. It hits too close to home. Having a loved one murdered changes your perspective. I’m thinking of sending an e-mail to the library. They may not do anything about it, but at least I have let them know how this seemingly innocent sign can affect someone who has to deal with murder every day. It's not merry at all!

****UPDATE: I sent an e-mail to the director of the libraries and just received a response. I was surprised to even get a response.

"Thank you so much for letting us know about the display at the Library. I am very sorry for your experience at the library today. I have contacted the Region Supervisor, and she will be at North Library tomorrow morning to address the display."

No comments:

Post a Comment