Thursday, September 18, 2008

Making a difference


I've decided I want to do more with my life. I'm a wife, a mom, a sister, an aunt, a daughter, friend, and I've added mentor to my list. I've become a volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters. God has blessed me with a great life. I have 4 healthy boys, and a husband who loves me despite my faults. I have family and friends who love me and are there to support me. Not everyone has this. I've been thinking a lot lately about what I can do to make a difference. It's not all about me and my world. If you watch the news or read the paper you will see that our kids are in crisis. I know I am only one person, but I feel I can make a difference to a young girl who is struggling to make it in this crazy world we live in.

Today is my first outing with my "Lil Sis" I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but I'm looking forward to this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment