Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If you're sick, stay home!

So the guy sitting in the cube next to mine has been coughing, clearing his throat and sniffling snot since he came in this morning. I'm thinking maybe it's allergies, no big deal, right? Well, he gets a phone call and since we are in cubes, I can hear his side of the conversation. I guess the person asked him to come up to his floor to help with something. The "coughing, snot sniffling joe (not his real name) tells his caller...."No, I'm sick, I don't want to go up there and spread my germs."

WHAT???

You're sick and don't want to spread your germs on the 5th floor, but it's ok to sit here.....NEXT TO ME.......and spread your icky germs! That way, I can get sick and miss work, and lord knows I can't afford to miss work. I then go home and spread it to my kids, who in turn will miss school and miss out on their education, and I will miss more work, and more pay because I have to stay home with sick kids. Which could lead to us eating dog food or something, because we don't have enough money for food. Then hubby, who is a teacher will get it and spread it to the kids in his class, so there are more kids missing out on their education. And us missing more pay since hubby won't be able to work, and we may just very well be out on the street with no place to live.

OK.......I may be exaggerating alittle, but still. It's the principle.....stay home if you are sick! Don't come to work and spread your nasty germs!

And what really irks me, is this guy hardly ever comes into the office. He mainly works from home, but he decides to come in on the one day he is sick!

REALLY??? YOU'RE KIDDING ME, RIGHT!

I think my throat is starting to hurt.........

2 comments:

  1. Ok I will give you seeing he normally works from home that he should stay home. But in the real world they (the boss) expects us there as long as we are alive even on our death bed so he could care less if we are on our death bed as long as we don't breath on him. Great coropeate world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man.. that is just crazy.. You should buy a can of Lysol and spray that sucker when you come in (in the morning & during the day) and if you hear him cough or sneeze, spray the sucker towards his way so the germs get zapped before they try to get to you.. I hope you don't get sick!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete