Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Time Homebuyers

house


So this was the transition I was talking about in my previous post. We are homeowners! We closed on June 25 and spent our first night in our new home June 28! It's still feels surreal. I've been doing a lot of praying during this process. I think God was trying to teach me a lesson. That everything is in HIS time, not mine. I worried a lot during this process. Fonzy kept telling me to quit worrying. By worrying, I wasn't trusting in God. So I prayed everyday had faith that everything would be as it should. That if it was meant for us to have the house, we would get it. We put it in God's Hands and He provided!

The past week has been filled with painting, unpacking and just getting use to our new house. It has been a lot of work and late nights, but we couldn't be happier! We still have a ways to go with painting, but it's coming along. It feels so good to no longer live in an apartment. We have so many plans for the house - the decorating, what we want to get to fill up the rooms. It's all so exciting. I told Fonzy I'm fine with the empty rooms right! It's our empty rooms! I have more, so much more I want to write, but no time right now. I will be back later with updates, before and after pictures and our adventures as we get use to being homeowners!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I guessed it was a house or a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations isiada!! I'm so happy for you guys. God bless you and your new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Again congratulations on your new house. I bet the boys are happy with so much space to play around...

    ReplyDelete