Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring

growth growth2
Spring is here! All around me, the earth is awakening. Leaves are sprouting and Spring breezes are blowing. Time to plant flowers! April showers bring May flowers!

My flower beds need some serious work. I have two of them, and right now they are filled with weeds and old gladiolus stems from last year. This weekend or next I will be getting to work. I've decided I want to move all my gladiolus into one bed and plant annuals in my other one. I LOVE sunflowers, but didn't plant any last year, because of all the gladiolus. So it's time for a change. Perennials in one bed, annuals in another. Along with my sunflowers, I'm planting pumpkins! I've always wanted to grow pumpkins, so no more wanting! Now is the time! Life is way too short. And something so simple as planting pumpkins shouldn't be put on the back burner. Pumpkins and sunflowers make me happy. So pumpkins and sunflowers I will have!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Wish I were a better gardener. I purchased some succulents...that's the only thing I think I'll be able to keep alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, beautiful words...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous pictures! I envy people who can grow things.

    ReplyDelete