Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Series - Day 3

summerseries2013 047
We've been eating a lot of quick meals lately, frozen pizza, fast food, hot dogs. With our busy schedules it's always easier to do something quick. Sunday is the day we slow down and I cook a real meal.

If you've been a reader of my blog, you know I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. I love finding new recipes, and trying different things, but if I'm cooking the same thing over and over again, I hate it. I've never made homemade macaroni and cheese. I'm a Velveeta shells and cheese kinda girl, but decided I wanted to make the real mac & cheese. I found a recipe on my Allrecipes app (love this app!) for a smokey mac and cheese. Sounded yummy to me. So I got the smoked Gouda, Parmesan, Cheddar and Swiss cheese and got to work.

summerseries2013 050
Homemade mac & cheese is a lot more work than boxed mac & cheese. I'm sure you all knew this.

During the process of shredding all that cheese, I realized I need a new cheese grater. The little one I had made the process longer than it needed to be.

Dinner came out pretty good. The mac & cheese was really good and I would make it again. It had a nice smokey flavor to it.

summerseries2013 052
After dinner, we decided to take a family stroll. The main reason is to tire out Titus so he sleeps all night, but I feel it's good for all of us. Time away from the TV enjoying all the beauty that is around us.

summerseries2013 053

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I also have a love hate relationship with cooking. I am a fan of All Recipes as well, its simple and no fru-fru stuff I dont understand .
    I must try it with gouda cheese, sounds great.
    Love the pic of you all walking the dog.

    ReplyDelete