Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

Ezekiel

A few weekends ago, I had to have a conversation with Ezekiel and Elijah about "that time of the month." I wasn't really sure how to explain it to a 9 and 6 yr old, but I faltered my way through it. Here is our conversation.

Me: "You know when I tell you guys I have cramps and I'm not feeling well, and I can't cook, and I just need to lay down in my bed with my heating pad, and not be bothered?"

Ezekiel and Elijah shake their heads yes

Me: "OK, well during that time, Mommy is bleeding."

before I could even go on.......

Elijah: "Mommy, you bleed out of your butt.......that's nasty!"

No comment from me.....moving right along.

Me: "Well, once a month girls have extra blood in their bodies. When they have babies in their stomachs, the extra blood goes to the baby. So when you guys were in my stomach, all my extra blood went to you. Well, when there is no baby in the girls stomach, the extra blood has to come out. Understand? Good........now finish cleaning."

Elijah - before he walks off: "Mom, you bleed out of your butt.......that is just nasty!"

I'm thinking to myself....yep, I agree....NASTY!

====================================
Fast forward to the next morning at a PACKED restaurant having breakfast before Elijah's basketball game. Fonzy is looking at video of Marcel's (his little brother) baby on his phone. Fonzy has been wanting another baby for some time now. Once he looks at the video, he turns to me and tells me he is mad at me because he wants another baby, but I had my tubes tied after Elijah, so that's probably not going to happen. Anyways......when Ezekiel hears Fonzy say he wants another baby Ezekiel proclaims, VERY LOUDLY, in the PACKED restaurant I might add....

"Sorry Daddy, Mommy is bleeding right now, so she can't have another baby!"


Yeah...I heard a few snickers at the tables near by.

Kids.....

Elijah

2 comments:

  1. OMG that is so funny... Kids are too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you never know what they are going to say, so beware.

    ReplyDelete