Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fat Momma


I've never been one who had to worry about my weight. I could eat whatever I wanted and still be skinny. I would eat, and eat and eat....people would warn me that one day I wouldn't be able to eat like I do and not gain weight. Hahaha.....I just laughted at them. Even after having my two older boys, (I was 19 at the time) I was still skinny. Belly pooch? What was that? I didn't have one. I would wear half shirts, just to show off my flat stomach.

Me? Get Fat? NEVER!

Fast forward to today........

I need to lose 20-30lbs. I would be happy with either. OK, yeah, I would be happier with 30lbs. Back in my hay day, I was about a size 8-9. I am currently at a size 12. Actually, let me rephrase that, I am SQUEEZING into my 12's, but would probably be more comfortable in a 13-14. Belly pooch....yep, I know what that is now. It's what I'm squeezing into these size 12 jeans and what I am constantly trying to suck in. Let me tell you, there's not enough sucking in the world.
To top it all off, now that I need to lose weight, it seems I'm obsessed with food! Before, if I didn't eat or miss a meal, it was no big deal. Now, food is constantly on my mind. It's like it's calling me. The more I try to cut back, the more I think about food and and of course that leads to eating it. I think it's all in my head. If I could just stop stressing over losing weight, then I would stop thinking about food, leading to not eating as much and the weight would just fall off.
Sounds logical, right?

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I need to lose about 20 pounds too.... This winter all I do is eat and like you, every time I think about losing weight, I shove a donut in my mouth....lol... Maybe we should do a diet thingy together... We'll sign up for a free diet plan on a web site and we can share stories, headaches and share food...lol


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete