Thursday, October 4, 2007

Waiting in Heaven

The other day, Karen was over for dinner, and while we were sitting at the table talking, she asked me if I ever thought about Mommy in Heaven and if she was waiting for Daddy when he got there, and if Tremayne was there with her too. I was kind of surprised when she asked, because Karen never really talked about Mommy that much. She was only 8 when she died, so I’m sure she does not remember too much about her. She was a Daddy’s girl through and through and with Daddy dying in June, I think that got her thinking. I told her I had thought about it plenty of times. Whenever I see big, white fluffy clouds, with the sun streaming thru them, I often wish I could see Mommy in them, smiling down at me.

I know she is with our Lord and not suffering anymore, but that doesn't stop us from missing her.

I hope once she arrived in Heaven she was able to see the son she was forced to give up for adoption when she was only 13. She could finally stop worrying about him.

I hope she was able to see her Grandkids. They would of loved her. She would of made an awesome Grandma.

I wonder when Ma (my grandma) died, was she excited to see her mom again. I know Ma looked forward to the day she would be reunited with her daughter. No one should have to see their child suffer and die.

When Tremayne died of the same dreaded disease that took her life, I wonder if she was there to greet her son-in-law. Did she go over to him and introduce herself, saying she was his mother-in-law and welcome him to paradise.

I wonder when Daddy died, did she run into his arms, happy to be reunited with the man she loved. I know we no longer have our earthly bodies, but I’m sure their spirits knew each other.

I know one day I will be in Heaven, that is what God has promised me, and when I do, I can’t wait to run into mommy’s arms again and spend eternity with all the loved ones we’ve lost.

2 comments:

  1. Well Saida, I believe that all of them are together happy and laughing. Can you imagine some of the things they see us doing? I wonder if grammy and grandad were happy to see their son and whether they greeted him with arms wide open. I know your mom was ecstatic! And I know your gramma loved your father to the bone. They all probably sat down and caught up on things, and then sat down to figure out how they we all going to continue to watch over us and keep us safe. You don't know this but when I went to see your dad in the hospital, I asked him to ask God to give me one more baby and I think it worked! She'll be here anyday now! How he knew I wanted a girl was beyond me. I think he just wanted me to see what he had with his girls. A little bit of heaven on earth.
    Danyelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danyelle...I often wonder about all of them. It's hard to believe we've lost so many. Girl, I just thought about Grandad and his piano playing. He loved to play that piano and singing. I can just see us all on the porch at Granmy's while he played and wanted us to sing. Great memories.....

    ReplyDelete