Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Good Life

Driving into work this morning, I felt such contentment with my life. God has blessed me with such a good life. I may not have a lot of money, wear designer clothes, a house on the hill, or drive a Lexus, but I have so much more.

I have 4 healthy, handsome sons. There are so many parents whose kids are sick, suffering with life threatening diseases or are no longer on this earth. These parents long to take their child’s pain away, or just hold their child again….to tell them that they love them just one more time.

I have a husband who loves me. He may not SAY it everyday, but he SHOWS me in all that he does. I know women who are living in abusive homes, being beat everyday, or are made to feel worthless who would give anything to have what I have.

Even though America has its issues there is no other place I’d rather be. We have so many freedoms that we take for granted. I think about the people in Iraq. Just imagine wondering if you are going to live to see another day. Imagine the moms, trying desperately to keep their children safe with bombs and shooting going on around them. It’s part of their everyday lives. Can you imagine? Think about the young girls and women in the Sudan and the Congo who are being brutally raped, sodomized and beaten. I can’t even imagine suffering like that.

I wake up every morning to coffee in my favorite mug. I’m able to have a hot shower and closet full of clothes to choose from. I have a job that I don’t mind going to and actually like. I get to have dinner with my family around the table most evenings. My boys are able to go to school and get an education. I get to sleep in a soft, warm bed every night with my husband by my side, while my kids are safe and sound in their rooms. Who could ask for anything more?

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't put that in a better way... You're absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came to your blog from a comment you left on mine. I am amazed at you. Your faith is awesome and tremendous. I can't wait to get home tonight and get my kiddo's in bed (well maybe in bed ...lol) and read more.

    Thank you for the comment that led me here.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete