Saturday, June 30, 2007

4:30 AM Call

So, I got a call at 4:30 this morning. I glanced at the glowing digital numbers on the clock and wondered who the heck was calling at this time. The first thing that comes to your mind is something bad happened. I grabbed the phone and saw that it was a Texas call...and my thought was Samuel. I hit the talk button and croaked out hello.

"Mom, I know it's late, but I just had my first live performance." my oldest son Samuel says excitedly.

Samuel - "We performed at a club here"
(he said the name of the club, but I didn't catch it...it was 4:30 in the morning)

Me - "Uh, huh....that's great!" I was barely awake and could comprehend what he was saying.

Samuel - "We each got paid $150.00"

Me - "That's great!"

Samuel - "Mom, call me in the morning when you get up"
(I guess he realized I was half sleep)


Me - "OK.....love ya."

Samuel - "Love ya too, don't forget to call me in the morning"

Me - "I won't"

This is all I can remember of our early morning conversation.
Of course when I call him this morning I get voice mail.....he is still sleeping since he got out of the club at around 3 AM!

1 comment:

  1. Where have you been?? We miss you!!Well, I do :)

    Email me!! You're neglecting us at LB!!

    You know who I am ;)

    ReplyDelete