Thursday, January 3, 2019

2019

Happy New Year! 

2018 just flew by didn't it! Don't blink, because 2019 might be gone too. Time is funny like that. Days sometimes drag on and on, but then a year is gone and you're left wondering where the heck it went. I'm feeling that right now. 

With the new year, everyone is setting New Year resolutions. Not I, I never keep them. But there are a few things on my heart and mind that I'd like to do. So here goes. 

During the Christmas break, we went to Texas to visit Manuel, my older son and my Grandbabies. They are growing so fast and I hate being so far away. While visiting Samuel at the cemetery, Jonah, my grandson took my hand and guided me to a headstone. He started to read the headstones out loud to me. In that moment, with his little hand in mine, listening to him read I said to myself I would start writing letters to him and all my Grandbabies. Nothing extravagant or long, just little notes to let them know I'm thinking about them and love them. I wrote some letters last year, but not nearly enough. More letters this year!

In knitting, I want to learn intarsia to knit this sweater for Christmas. There will be a lot of learning in this sweater with intarsia, charts and short rows, all techniques I need to learn. I have almost a whole year to figure it all out. Besides this sweater, there will be plenty of other knitting going on as usual. 

In sewing, I'm still such a beginner and have so much to learn. The reason I wanted to learn to sew was to make vintage dresses and cute novelty skirts. I have plenty of patterns for dresses, so now I just need to decide which one will be my first and sew it up. Before this year is up, I will have made a vintage inspired dress. I have plenty other patterns I want to sew, but the retro dress is the only one I'll list as a must do. No more being afraid, like Nike, I'll just do it! I'll never learn if I don't tackle it. That's why this weekend I plan on organizing my craft room. I'm sure hubby will be happy about that! 

More memories will be made and captured, more words will be written, more loving and living for 2019. And hopefully time will slow down just a bit to savor it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment