Saturday, January 21, 2017

3/52 ~ Black and White Self Portraits ~ Today I Marched!!!

DSC_0163_3 I've never participated in a march before, but today that changed. Today I marched!!!

When I woke up this morning, it was a dreary, foggy day. All I wanted to do was stay curled up in bed. But I couldn't do it. I got out of bed, jumped in the shower, braided my hair, put my pussyhat on and rolled out.

I grabbed some coffee, picked up my girlfriend and we made our way downtown. I can't tell you how empowering it felt to be in that crowd. Neither one of us had ever marched before, so we didn't know what to expect. We were just excited and hyped to be there. We were among women of all ages, race, color, and creed! There were little girls in strollers chanting along with women probably in their 80s. We were there to stand together in solidarity and fight for our rights as generations of women before us did. A few older women had signs stating they couldn't believe they were still fighting for this sh*t! And we are!

We marched, we chanted, we laughed, we shared stories. The atmosphere was electric and filled with hope!

I felt so proud to be among them all. Fighting for our rights. Fighting for human rights. If we all stand together, we can make a change.

WE ARE WOMEN! HEAR US ROAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment