Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Samuel

Samuel bday collage 2 Today you would have been 26.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. Wonder what your life would be like now - the man you would be. I looked through pictures of you this morning. It's so hard seeing the boy, and young man you were and knowing I will never take another picture of you. You will forever be frozen at 19. It's so unfair. You should be in the prime of your life right now.

I struggle all the time with your death. There are moments when I feel I can't breathe thinking about it. But today, I'm keeping the bad thoughts away and focusing on the good.

I sent you a birthday balloon and watched it float and swirl until I could no longer see it. Such a small gesture, but somehow makes me feel better.

Happy Birthday Samuel - I love you!

***More posts about my Samuel here

No comments:

Post a Comment