Monday, September 30, 2019

Silver Journey - 8 Months





Every Grey Hair Tells a Story

Today marks 8 months and 2 days since my last dye. This has been such amazing journey. A journey of self-discovery and love. Most of my life I’ve struggled with low self-esteem. As a teen and into late 20’s I suffered with severe acne. So much so that I would hide at home and hate going out. I always felt I wasn’t enough. Wasn’t pretty enough, wasn’t the right size, didn’t fit societies beauty standards. Into my 40’s I finally started to feel comfortable in my own skin. To slowly start loving myself flaws and all. A few days after turning 48, I decided to stop dyeing my hair. Standing in the mirror, getting ready to dye, I decided to embrace this beautiful grey/white hair God gave me. Eff society’s beauty standards! I am enough and beautiful just as I am!

8 months and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment