Wednesday, November 9, 2016

BE IT!

IMG_7439 IMG_7378 IMG_7367
I didn't stay up to watch the election results last night. I dreamt all night about the election, I can't remember specifics, but the elections were on my mind. The alarm went off at 5:40am. I nudged Fonzy awake, he called out to the boys to get up, we dozed back off, until the snooze went off. I nudged Fonzy again, he picked up his phone and announced Trump won. I instantly got a knot in my stomach.

I'm not one to post about politics, I avoid conflict. I want love, happiness, light. On my social media accounts, if you spew negativity and hate, I unfriend...hide, whatever it is, to take that out of my life. This world can be an ugly place, and I refuse to invite it in. Even if it is just social media. The stuff you read and watch seeps into your soul.

We are in uncertain times right now. People are scared. I'm scared. For my husband, my boys, all my family. I just want to lock us all away at home, safe and sound. But of course, that's not possible. So I will continue to pray over them, and try my hardest to spread love, kindness and beauty. Because even though it seems ugly right now, there is beauty and love all around us. We just have to search for it. And if you can't find it, then BE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment