Monday, February 22, 2016

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn

breakfast DT Raleigh downtown raleigh4 breakfast DT Raleigh3 zeke downtown raleigh5 breakfast fonzy Ezekiel on top of the world my story mattersMost every weekend, I wake up before Fonzy and the boys, head downstairs with Titus and cook breakfast. It's our Saturday routine. But this past Saturday, we switched it up! And I think I enjoyed it the most.

We headed downtown Raleigh for breakfast, and then the Raleigh Home Show. I was on a mission to see the Property Brothers from HGTV. Normally we head to IHop for breakfast, but I wanted to try something different. Now this may seem really strange, but while looking at venues for a conference for work I found that the Holiday Inn downtown Raleigh has a restaurant at the top of it. The Skye Tower Restaurant which is open to the public. I really was just going for the view of downtown, but my breakfast was really good. The grits were some of the best I've had. Nice and creamy, just the way I like them. It wasn't anything fancy, but I enjoyed it. If you happen to check it out, order off the menu, not the buffet. Fonzy and Ezekiel were good sports going with me. Not their first choice, but they went to make me happy. Elijah said he needed a break and slept in!

You know, it truly is the little things. This weekend breakfast made my day. If felt good to not have to cook and just enjoy a beautiful day. After breakfast we headed out to see the Property Brothers. Unfortunately the place was packed and I couldn't get close enough to see them. I saw them from afar as I was riding the escalator to leave. I did however find a cutout of them and had to take a picture. So....I kind of saw the Property Brothers.

property brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment