Thursday, October 2, 2008

32 years

this morning getting ready for work

I've started this post several times, and have hit the backspace key just as many times. My words are just not conveying what I feel for this man I married and what I want him to know on this day, his 32nd birthday.

I guess the first thing I want him to know is how proud I am of him. Any opportunity I get to tell people my husband is a teacher, I do. We need more men, particularly minority men, in our school systems. We have so many young men who have no one to look up to, no to care about them, no one they can relate to, no positive role models. My sweetie is all that. He cares about the worst of the worst, the young boys others have thrown to the wayside and forgot about. Sometimes that's all it takes to keep these young boys off the street and out of prison, knowing someone cares and hasn't given up on them.

Along with being a great teacher and mentor, my hubby is a great daddy. He's the type of dad who gets down on the floor and plays with the boys, all the time. He is the homework helper, and always patient when they just don't get it and figures out ways to help them get it. I guess that's part of being a teacher. And the teaching never stops. He has taught the boys how to clean house and fold laundry. Lord knows, I hate to fold clothes, so that was one of the best things he taught them. He is always there to give encouragement, hugs and kisses. Yes, he still gives the boys kisses.



And last, but definitely not least my hubby is a great husband. I thank God everyday for blessing with this man. He sometimes knows me better than I know myself. He encourages me, supports me in all I do, and rubs my feet when they are sore. He loves to cuddle, will watch girly movies with me, and will eat anything I cook, even if it's not that great. He cleans house, makes me laugh, and loves me, even when I'm not lovable.

And on top of all of that, he is sexy! Don't you wish your hubby was hot like mine? I know you do.

Of course he did not want me to post his Sexual Chocolate picture above, but he would not let me take a picture of him this morning.....I got those two above on the sly. So this is what you get when you won't let me take pictures.

Happy birthday baby, I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 32 years old.. He's a youngin'. You certainly robbed that cradle..LOL.. Just kidding..

    I hope he has a great birthday and may you two have the best time together..

    ReplyDelete