Friday, March 23, 2007

Missing my family


I was searching through the hundreds of pictures I have on my computer and realized I never did anything with the pictures I took during Ma's funeral. In a few months it will be a year since she passed...where has the time gone! I started this blog to keep up with my family, especially Mommy's side of the family. It is such a shame that it had been YEARS since the last time we had all gotten together before Ma's death. For some of my family, I hadn't seen them since I was a teen-ager. That is so sad. To lose touch with your own family. I can see losing touch with friends, but not family. If mommy's death taught us anything it was life is too short. We need to cherish the time we have and let our family know we love them. I miss my uncles, cousins and of course my beautiful Auntie who everyone claims I look like. If only I were so lucky! Love ya Aunt Elba. I often think back to growing up in Dunkirk/Jamestown and all the fun we cousins had. And having mommy there with us and I get so sad, because it seems I really don't know my family anymore. And now with Ma gone, it's even worse. When I took all these pictures I promised to stay in touch with everyone and a year is right around the corner and I have not kept that promise. Family, life is soo short and I so wish we could get together more often, and not just during the sad times. It shouldn't take someone dying for us to get together or to even call, e-mail, send a card, something. So I am doing my part with this post. I am sending my blog address to all the family I have e-mail addresses to keep you updated with what is going on in my world and maybe, just maybe you all will find the time to reach out to the rest of the family. I know life get's busy and we get tied up with the day to day. I'm guilty...but I'm making this promise here and now to try and do better. I love you all and miss you all soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment