Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Mommy

Happy Birthday Mommy! If you were still here with us you would be 52.....still so young. I can't believe it's been 21 years since you left us. Sometimes it feels just like yesterday....at times I still cry for you. I have so many precious memories...but I hate to admit, I can't remember the sound of your laughter. I can barely remember what your voice sounded like. I wonder if I didn't have pictures, would I forget your face? I know you are in a better place and suffering no more, but sometimes I wish you were still here. There are times I long to talk to you, to tell you all my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I want to know you as an adult, not the child I was when you passed. What would you be like now? What would I be like. When you died, my whole life changed...almost 16 and without you. I felt so lost and confused. I remember praying to God to heal you from all the pain and suffering of the cancer, but then telling Him if He wasn't going to heal you, then take you home, and that is what He did. He took you home to be with Him. I know when my time is up I will see you again in Heaven....until then I will cherish all my precious memories of you and the time we had......

1 comment:

  1. That was so sweet. I had tears in my eyes b/c it reminded me of my dad. It's sad losing a parent..

    Your mom's b-day is on the 10th? My little one turned two the same day..

    I love your blog.. Thanks for showing it to me.

    ReplyDelete