Saturday, March 1, 2008

Roller Skating

We took the boys rollerskating today at Jellybeans. Watching the boys, I reminisced of my rollerskating days. I love rollerskating. I use to roller skate all the time growing up. I would go with our youth group or church skate night, which was often. I had the bomb skates too....white with hot pink wheels. You couldn't tell me a thang with my straight-legged jeans, and my whiter, than white skates. I was HOT and I knew it. Yeah....I know it was a CHURCH skate night, but you can still be hot and be in the church. Go to church....you'll see many women who have it going on! For real.

I didn't skate today. I pleaded with Fonzy to go with us and he can't skate, so I sat and watched the boys with him. I would of felt bad if he had to sit there by himself, but I sure was aching to get out on the floor. I told the boys we would go back without Daddy, so I could skate. As we were walking into the rink, I saw a poster they had up with skates for sale, and they had mine from back in the day! I wanted them so bad, but Fonzy was like, "how often do you skate, and don't tell me that if you got the skates, you would skate more" Yeah, he knows me so well. That's exactly what I was going to say, but I guess I don't have a leg to stand on, because I have tons of stuff that I swore if I had it, I would do it. Uh, yeah.....we won't go there. I guess I will have to rent the ugly tan skates with the orange wheels. But guess what, I will still be HOT! My jeans may not be so tight,(and 5 times bigger) my skates tan and rented, but in my mind I will still be my younger self, with my straight-legged jeans, and white skates with hot pink wheels...

Elijah bustin' a move


Ezekiel bustin' a move.


Ezekiel trying his hardest not to fall.


Ooops...


Elijah cruising along....


Oooops.....almost bit the dust


We got it now!



Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........


My skates....can't you just see the younger me, gettin' my skate on with these?


No comments:

Post a Comment