Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cooking


I hate cooking. Now that I type that, I feel hate is too strong a word. I DISLIKE cooking....alot. Not that I can't cook, because I can. I'm not really sure why I don't like cooking. Maybe it's because it takes so much time. Or maybe it's because I know I will have a big mess to clean afterward, or maybe it's because I seem to always be cooking the same thing, or.....maybe it's because I don't have a great kitchen with an island, stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. Yep...I think that's the reason, because surely if I had the kitchen of my dreams, I would WANT to cook in it. Right? I think I have a love/hate relationship with cooking. Sometimes I really don't mind it. Especially if I am trying some great recipe I found and praying it tastes as good as it sounds. I've made some recipes that tasted nothing like the recipe sounded. Does that make sense? I like watching the occasional Rachael Ray show, or some of the other cooking shows and want to try the recipes, but I never get around to it. Why is that I wonder? I complain I'm always cooking the same thing, over and over again, but hardly ever venture out to try something new. I get e-mails everyday of different recipes to try...something I signed up for. I guess if I really hated cooking that much, I wouldn't sign up for recipes to be e-mailed to me daily. Right?

I think I'm going to start trying at least one new recipe a week...starting tomorrow. While I'm at it, I might as well take pictures of the whole affair for my blog, since I have a tripod now. So my 5+ loyal readers can share in this experience with me. Wish me, Fonzy and the boys luck. Who knows what we will be eating tomorrow. I am off to find a recipe!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your recipe pics.. I'll be waiting.... Are those pots and pans Rachael Ray pots??lol

    I am the same way. I have a love/hate relationship with cooking! Don't feel bad..You're NOT alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are!Girl, you know your Rachael Ray!

    ReplyDelete