Friday, March 7, 2008

OOOOO, It's so Good!

So I decided to go Caribbean today. I made Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Caribbean Madras Rice, Creamed Spinach with coconut milk and apple/mango salsa.

Here's some of the ingredients. I almost had second thoughts once I set this all up. There were a lot of ingredients! This wasn't even all of them.


Mixing all the spices for the jerk chicken


chopping onions for the marinade...there was a lot of crying going on


chicken marinating


apple/mango salsa....YUMMY!


Next is the rice....


Spinach with coconut milk


Grilling the chicken....it smelled so good!


the finished product......I wish the picture wasn't so blurry.


And the verdict is.....in the words of Mr. Food
OOOOOO, it's so good!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did it! I'm so happy for you. So, was it good for you??? I've got to try the chicken, that looked so good.... Did the kids like it too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, it was very good. The kids liked the chicken, but nothing else. They ended up eating a corndog.

    ReplyDelete