Monday, March 24, 2008

911 - What's your emergency?

I don't know what it is with my kids, but for some reason, both sets of my boys have felt the need to call 911. When my older boys, Samuel and Manuel were about 8 and 7 (they are 18 and 17 now) they were in a back room playing. I was in the living room, and the phone rings. It's a 911 operator....

"Ma'am, we just got a 911 call from your number. Is everything OK?"

Of course I realized the boys must of been playing with the phone, so I tell them there is no emergency that my boys must of dialed 911 playing around with the phone. They said OK, and before I could hang up the phone, there is banging at my front door. I answer the door and it's the cops.

"Ma'am, we got a 911 from this residence, is everything OK?"

I let the cops know that all is well, that my boys were messing around with the phone. They state they have to search the house to make sure we weren't killing anyone in a back room. Once they search the house, they tell the boys how serious dialing 911 is and not to play with the phone.

Fast forward to this past weekend. Ezekiel and Elijah are in the spare room watching TV/playing. All of sudden Elijah runs into the living room yelling..."Daddy, Daddy, Ezekiel dialed 911!"

Of course I knew what was coming next. I told Ezekiel about how his older brothers called 911 and that the 911 operator would be calling us back and then the cops would show up. Not even a minute later the phone rings....

"911, we got a call from this number"

Deja'vu.....

I told the operator my 8yr old was messing with the phone and dialed 911, and how sorry I was. All she said was OK, and that was the end of our conversation.

I called Ezekiel into the living room, because I told him the cops would be coming next and he needed to answer the door and explain to the cops why he dialed 911. He sat down looking all scared, near tears, then Fonzy told Ezekiel that they were going to take him to jail, so he better get ready. Ezekiel fell out crying and hollering. "I don't want to go to jail...mommy, I don't want to go to jail."

I told Ezekiel he was not going to jail, but Fonzy insisted he was. He told Ezekiel he needed to call his Grandma to see if she had any money to bail him out of jail. Fonzy dialed his mom and told Ezekiel to get on the phone, but he refused and went to his room crying and saying he did not want to go to jail. Of course Elijah, being the tattle tale that he is, got on the phone and told Grandma how everything went down.

"Grandma, Ezekiel dialed 911 and I heard the 911 people says, 911, what is your emergency and Ezekiel hung up the phone! They called back and now Ezekiel is going to jail! Do you have any money to get him out of jail?"

I'm not sure what Grandma said, but then I heard Elijah say...."Well, I have some of my birthday money, he can have all of it to get out." Aww, isn't that sweet. He was willing to give his birthday money to bail his brother out of jail.

About 20 minutes had passed and no cops banging on the door. I guess the cops here in NC don't care if you are killing someone in the back room. The Texas cops were no joke!

Since the cops didn't show up, Fonzy went outside and starting banging on the door. I grabbed my camera and told Ezekiel the cops were here and he had to answer the door. Crying, he went to the door and saw Fonzy there laughing. He was soo mad. He started punching on him....he was really upset. Of course it didn't help that Fonzy would not stop laughing. And of course I snapped pictures. An hour or so later Ezekiel calmed down, but the whole thing was too funny. Hopefully he learned a lesson. Don't call 911 unless there is really an emergency!

Here's Ezekiel crying his heart out, saying he didn't want to go to jail.

Here he is hitting Fonzy after he realized it was not the cops, but Daddy at the door. It looks like he is smiling, but believe me, he is not.

And here he is laying on his bed, mad at all of us.

Poor baby....

12 comments:

  1. I have to link to the post on my blog!!!!!!

    Awwwwwwwww....poor baby. He was terrified. I bet he will NEVER call 911 unless it's an emergency! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep...like the fire I started the other day on the stove. The first thing he shouted was "We can call 911 now!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so bad. Bendito.. I know what he did was wrong, but dang..did you HAVE to make him cry??LOL... That'll teach him not to EVER call 911 and hang up... =)

    You have the most adorable kids.. And your Easter pic is so nice. Now I really wished we would've met :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa, I hate we didn't meet up either...next time. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passing by from Tanyetta's blog. I felt badly that I was laughing so hard but they have to learn somehow. Hehehe....I did that once already, banged on the door and kept ringing the doorbell after I told my son the police was coming to get him. Just one of my threats when he had decided he no longer wished to listen to his parents.

    He ran upstairs so afraid & wouldn't come out of his room.

    Hopefully he learned his lesson and stops calling 911

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Atasha, thanks for stopping by. The things we do to teach our kids a lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha. I followed a link over from Tanyetta. This is so funny. Your son's expression remind's me of my son when he's upset. We too have had to deal with 911 calls, just to "see if they work on Sunday."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leigh, thanks for stopping by. I guess my boys aren't the only ones who like to keep the 911 operators on their toes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Came through by way of Tanyetta's blog. This is hilarious! Poor Baby. He was maaaaaaaad. OK the folks in this Thai restaurant are looking at me funny as I crack up. I definitely needed this laugh today. Thanks so much for sharing.
    -Timah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Timah, thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you got a laugh out of it...and don't worry about the people in the restaurant, they're just mad they don't have anything to laugh about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that last picture! He is such a cutie! The cops here also will come to your house especially if you hang up. That's terrible that they don't do that in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jai - Yeah, I agree, we could of been killing him for all they knew.

    ReplyDelete