Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Heart Aches Today


My heart aches today. 

My friend Phyllis received word that her oldest son Philip was killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan.
She's been in my thoughts and prayers all day today. I know the journey she is about to take and it won't be easy.

She has been there for me when my Samuel was killed. When I needed to cry, needed words of encouragement she was there. She would send me notes to let me know she was thinking about me and sending many, many prayers. And now I have to be there for her.

Phyllis has 6 other kids, besides Philip. 5 more boys and 1 daughter. 2 of her other boys are also Marines. Philip leaves behind a wife and many many friends and loved ones.

Please keep my dear friend and her family in your thoughts and prayers. Along with the military who serve this country.

Philip and Phyllis

Phyllis's Marine sons - Philip, Kenneth & Allen.

Philip with his Mom and Dad

Philip and his wife


1 comment:

  1. My heart aches for her and everyone who loved him. My prayers for all you at this time.

    ReplyDelete