Monday, April 20, 2015

Ugly

samuel In the blogging world, at least the blogs I read, only the best is put on display. It seems everyone has the perfect home, the perfect job, the perfect spouse, the perfect kids, the perfect Pinterest life. Who wants to share a messy house, the burnt meals, the fight you had with your husband....the murder of a son.

When the word Ugly was given as the prompt this week, the first thing that came to mind was the death of my son. That has been the "ugliest" part of my life....the ugliest part of my blog. Or so you would think.

When my son was killed, I blogged. Blogged my feelings, my heartache, the unfairness of it all. I poured out my heart. Dwelling on my son's death, I was unable to see past my tears, to the beauty this life still held. Life is so short. Too short to be unhappy. To dwell on circumstances I cannot change. Yes - losing my son was the worst thing that could ever happen. But I couldn't let the ugliness of that take control of my life. So I started to focus on the good, the beauty and love all around me.

Life isn't Pinterest perfect. We all have ugly in our lives. Do we want to display that ugly on our blogs? Do I want to display that ugly? Yes....I do. Because through the ugly I found a sort of healing. I can look back on the worst moments of my life and see that I survived. That I may have helped someone going through the "ugly" in their life.

And from ugly, beauty was born. samuel25 ~ For The Love Your Blog Challenge with Kate of A Playful Day

5 comments:

  1. wow... that's a great post. I'm so sorry for your lost.... Thanks for sharing this... and yes, you are right, nobody is perfect and we need to stay happy with what we have. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. I'm glad that blogging gave you some comfort. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to share the beautiful parts of our lives. It takes courage to share the ugly parts. I'm sorry for all that you'e been through with the death of your son, but I'm glad you have a space to share and encourage others who deal with some of the hardest times in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read about your son. Unfortunately ugly things do happen in the world but that doesn't mean they should be ignored. You are doing a good job of keeping his memory alive and I'm glad blogging about it has helped you. Peace be with you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. The amazing thing about the blogging community is that your sharing does help others, most of whom you'll never know about and more than you can imagine! You are truly a strong person to be able to see beauty after such ugly. xxx

    ReplyDelete