Thursday, January 4, 2018

Snow Day!

DSC_0035 The weatherman has been predicting snow the past few days and we actually got it! The snow started falling last night in all it's beautiful, snowy glory. Elijah Snow IMG_7601 DSC_0007_2 snowy porch DSC_0002_2 DSC_0041_2 DSC_0039_2 Titus snow DSC_0027 IMG_7668 This morning we woke to a wintry wonderland and the hush the snow provides. I was up early before anyone else and enjoyed the quietness. I love a snow day. It brings me back to my childhood in Dunkirk, NY, south of Buffalo. Growing up with all that snow, you would think I would be done with it but I sometimes miss the snow.

Schools are cancelled, and I'm working from home. I made a late breakfast of cheddar and chive waffles with eggs and plenty of coffee. As I type this, I'm thinking of brewing a second pot! I have butter softening for cookies, because you can't have a snow day without some baking. Knitting is on the agenda and some letter writing I've been trying to get to. For everyone up the east coast getting this snow, stay safe and warm! And enjoy the simplicity a snow day can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment