Monday, January 8, 2018

Rainbow Sweater

rainbow sweater IMG_7756 IMG_7788 IMG_7781
I have a thing for rainbows. Growing up, rainbows were one of my favorite things to draw. I'd get my crayons and repeat ROYGBIV to find the colors I needed, except I never got the I - indigo. I stuck with red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. I'd draw puffy white clouds, and a rainbow shooting out of the cloud, over and over again.

The beginning of the new year, I decided I wanted to knit a pullover sweater. I have never knit a pullover, so went searching for an easy pattern. I found Flax, a tincanknits design from her Simple Collection. Just what I needed, a simple pattern with tutorials and help along the way. While browsing through all the completed Flax sweaters, I saw a couple that had incorporated rainbows, and my childhood self couldn't resist! I had to knit a sweater with a rainbow on it! And so I began.

The pattern has been fairly easy. I did have to rip and start over once because I forgot to change to larger needles after the ribbed collar. Other than that, it has been smooth sailing. We've had a couple of snow days, so I've been able to knit more than usual. I'm hoping to have it done by my birthday, January 22nd. It's actually grown more since the last picture and I'm hoping to be done with the body in a day or two and will start the sleeves. At least that's my plan. Let's hope I make my deadline!

No comments:

Post a Comment