Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 - Simplicity

DSC_0381_2 "...writing about life. About nothing. About everything." - Rory Feek

When I started this blog 10 years ago, it was for family and myself. A diary of sort, to share and document our life. Through the years, I've documented less and less here. I post little updates on Facebook and Instagram, but I've often longed for the day to day remembering of blogging. I just read on a favorite blog of mine, the quote above and it resonated with me. I miss "writing about life. About nothing. About everything."  

Our boys are growing up. Ezekiel is off to the Air Force soon and Elijah has 2 more years of high school, then it's just Fonzy and I. The past few days, I've thought about 2017, and all that it held. So much change, but oh so good.

Thinking about what I want in 2018 and one word keeps coming to mind. Simplicity. This world is crazy right now. If you are living, you know of all the madness. So much heartache, pain, suffering. So much uncertainty. I don't want to focus on that. I want to focus on the simple things in life. The simple pleasures. I do that now, but I want to be more intentional with it. Like noticing how the setting sun is peeking through the trees. How blistery cold it is outside while taking the picture, but how warm and cozy it is when I dash back in. Of hearing Fonzy snore lightly on the couch while taking a nap. Or watching him with a steamy cup of coffee in the morning, grading papers during our Christmas break. Receiving a letter in the mail from a friend and writing my own letter in return. Enjoying a home cooked meal, that was easy to prepare. All little, simple day to day things we do. This life is comprised of more ordinary days, then the big, exciting life events we all look forward to and I want to enjoy them just as much. So here's to SIMPLICITY in 2018!

P.S. I did make one new years resolution ~ to kiss my husband more! Which unfortunately I haven't started yet, because I've been sick and didn't want him to get my cooties! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment