Saturday, June 21, 2008

Rainy Afternoon


There's nothing better than a stormy, rainy day to get you thinking. The past few weeks I've been thinking about what I want to go to school for. I had it narrowed down to a social service degree or business. After much thought, I've decided to get my degree in Human/Social Services to be a counselor, or social worker. I know there's not alot of money in this field, but it's helping people, making a difference in people's lives. It's what I originally started going to school for, but sort of lost my way. I've thought about working with teen mothers, being I was one, or working with domestic abuse victims. I've wasted too much time as it is. 40 is right around the corner and I feel I should already be doing what my life's work is and being an administrative assistant is not it. I'm ready to start school. I didn't give it my all the last time I was enrolled, but I'm not quitting this time until I have my Bachelors degree, and doing something I love, not just getting a paycheck. Fonzy has inspired me to get MY paper, and I will...just you wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. You go mija!! I'm sure you can do it! Have you applied to school yet?

    ReplyDelete