Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lake Day

DSC_0035 boats IMG_1470 DSC_0039 DSC_0026 DSC_0036 titus DSC_0117 DSC_0085 DSC_0034 DSC_0022 DSC_0038 DSC_0079 DSC_0056 DSC_0128 DSC_0025 I took the day off on Samuel's birthday, and headed to one of our local lakes. I wanted to spend the day, thinking happy thoughts, and seeing beauty that exists in this harsh world we live in.

Some days are so hard, the news and social media has heartbreaking story, after heartbreaking story. I just wanted to step away from it all. Titus and I spent a few hours at the lake and it was good for my soul. I sat and felt the breeze, listened to the water as it rippled along the shore. I wanted to hijack that little boat on the shore, and sit in the middle of the lake, Just sit, with the gentle rocking of the boat lulling me to sleep. I've often said I would love to live on a houseboat. I love being near water. I prefer an ocean, but sometimes a little lake will do.

I didn't hijack the boat, but I did sit in it for a bit. Maybe next time I will find the owner and ask if I could borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment