Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Friends - How Many of Us Have Them

friends

Today's February Challenge was Friendship. I really wanted to take a picture with a friend, but didn't have one readily available. This challenge had me thinking of all the friends I've had, past and present.

I lost contact with my best friend from childhood after I moved away from my hometown, but found her again on Facebook. I have so many fond memories of sleepovers on her family's dairy farm. I spent many weekends at her house and love her dearly. And even though we lost contact for many years,  I feel she will be one of my forever friends.

As an adult, I have had several close friends, but only a few have stood the test of time and distance. Life gets so busy and before you know it, it's been weeks, even months, since you have spoken to a friend. That's sad. I truly believe we all need at least one true friend.

I have one friend that I spoke to every day, until recently and it breaks my heart. We would text pictures of our day to each other, all day long. What we were eating, what we were doing, our kids. Just life. And even though we were 1,394 miles apart, it didn't feel like it. She was such a big part of my life. We have been friends for over 14 years. Right now she is in a crisis and has decided to cut me out of her life because I do not agree with destructive decisions she is making right now. She has decided to keep someone in her life that is toxic and I fear for her life and her kids, but no matter what I say, she has made that decision. It hurts and I miss her, but there is nothing I can do, except pray for her and hope she will come to her senses before something bad happens. Not having this friend in my life left a void, but I have a new friend who is filling that void.

I met my new friend years ago online. We lost contact, then a few months ago, I saw her online and started chatting with her. Since that day, we have been talking, and texting every day all day. She shared with me that she was going through a tough time and prayed to God for a friend to talk to, and I IM'd her out of the blue. Isn't God amazing? I hadn't spoken to her in a few years, never met her in real life, but that day I reached out to her, and we haven't stopped talking since! We have so many things in common and I look forward to our talks everyday. I pray one day we will be together so I can give her a great big hug and we can talk face to face! She will definitely be a forever friend!

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is so sweet. You always know how to make me cry. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found a new friend. Hopefully your other friend will come to her senses. :-)

    ReplyDelete