Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday - Ornament edition

snowman

Brrrrr.....it's cold this morning. A chilly 36 degrees. Driving into work I was thinking I really need to make me some mittens. It's on my long, ever growing list of projects I want to knit. I've never knit mittens, so it's going to be a learning experience for me.

As for my current works in progress(WIP) I'm making a few ornaments from Jenna Krupas aka Retro Lemon Christmas Favorites. Pictured here are the snowman and Christmas trees. We usually put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving, but with family staying with us we decided to do it this weekend. Along with our little town's tree lighting Friday night and Christmas parade on Saturday we are going to have a festive weekend! I love this time of year!

For more WIP Wednesday go here.
christmas tree wip


11 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the sparkly yarn and that stitch marker is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sparkly yarn for the snowman! And what a great idea; variegated for the Christmas tree. It won't need any more decoration than that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ornaments! That's going to be one super-festive Christmas tree. Hope you enjoy all your festivities this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love your large and detailed photographs! I wish I had a camera that could take nice close-ups of knitting like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to theme the stitch marker to the project ;)

    I love that yarn you're doing your Christmas trees out of! I just did a Saroyan in that and still have some left over so I think you just gave me an idea of what to do with those leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yarn! I love the sparkles.
    The stitch marker is super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never knitted mittens before.

    Your ornaments projects are so pretty. And super cute stitch marker too :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the little snowman stitch marker and your Christmas trees are really cute! I love the colours you're using. Can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such an adorable stitch marker! =D And I love the yarn for the tree, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've haven't knitted mittens either but seriously thinking about it. I shall check out your progress. Love the snowman.

    ReplyDelete