Monday, December 6, 2010

Memories

snow

I loved the snow we had on Saturday, nothing like snow to get you in the holiday spirit. Can we get more snow please? I remember hating the snow growing up in Western NY. Walking to school in it, shoveling, digging the car out every morning. Hated it! But now I really miss it. Karen and I were talking about that on facebook Saturday, and I think we came to the conclusion that we miss the happy memories most of all, before tragedy got to us. Before the death of our mom, her husband dying, Daddy dying and Samuel being killed. During the holidays, you really think about the loved ones that are no longer here and how much you miss the happier times. I think we were both feeling that.

But even with all the sadness we still have happy times. The memories we are creating now. Like our Christmas cookie baking with our boys. We do this every year, even though I think Ezekiel and Elijah would rather just eat the cookies instead of making them. We always have a huge mess, and at least one batch of our cookies never come out right, but it's for the memories. We'll look back on this time and remember it fondly, hopefully our boys will too....messed up cookies and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment