Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feelin' a little bit country

When I got ready to leave for work this morning, I was feeling a little bit country, so I ran back inside to grab the country CD I made. Don’t ask me who I have on the CD. All I know by name is Kenny Rogers and Carrie Underwood. The other’s I found from Fonzy watching country videos and liking the song. While driving to work, singing along with my fake country twang, I got to the third or fourth song and started crying. I think I mentioned this song before…One More Day by Diamond Rio. Karen told me about this song. She called me one day saying she heard it on the radio and it had her crying. While playing this song on repeat, I thought about my mom and wanting just one more day with her. I thought about Karen and her wanting one more day with Tremayne, Daddy, and Mommy and it was too much. I was at a red light just boo hooing and singing at the top of my lungs. The people in the cars next to me probably thought I was nuts, singing and crying early in the morning. By the time I got to work, my eyes were all red and puffy, but I guess I needed that cry. Like the song says, if I was granted one wish, I would wish for another day with my mom, but also like the song says, I know it would just make me wish for more one more days. That’s why we need to cherish the time we have with the ones we still got. We really do take it granted. I know I’m guilty of that. I’m always yelling at the boys for something or other, not spending enough quality time with them, worrying about cleaning, work, stuff that will always be there, but my boys won’t. I know that first hand. My two older ones are in Texas and sometimes I get sad, wishing I had spent more time with them, taken more pictures, really been there for them. They are grown now, 19 and 18, and I miss them being little boys. But I still have two little ones I can spend more time with. They get out of school early today, and I was going to bring them back to work with me and stick them in a conference room to watch movies, but I changed my mind. There is nothing going on at work that I have to be here. I am taking this half day off and we are going to the park or something to take pictures and enjoy this day. Life is too short. I don’t want to look back when they are grown and gone, wishing for one more day. I have that day today and I’m going to make the best of it, and try to minimize my yelling. For anyone who knows me in real life, that is going to be tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment