Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Knitting 101

I'm on my way to becoming that great knitter I mentioned in my last post. The one who would knit beautiful sweaters, hats, scarves and the mittens for the needy of this world. I went tonight to Caribou coffee to meet up with a knitting group to learn to knit again. My Mom taught me when I was around 12 and I haven't knitted again since then. Mommy knitted all the time, and I guess I wanted to do something that she enjoyed, to have some sort of connection with her. I actually remembered more than I thought. One of ladies showed me how to do a basic knit and within a few minutes, I had it. Of course it's just basic, but every time I finished a row of stitches, I would stop and admire my work. It's not the best, but I will wear my scarf with pride and let everyone know I knitted it all by myself!

1 comment:

  1. Cute.. The last time I knitted anything was when i was about 12-13 yrs. old.

    Maybe I should take it up again b/c it's so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete