Sunday, December 21, 2008

Just stirrin' something up

I've never made fresh green beans before, until today. I've decided to try new things with cooking, eating healthier and cutting back on eating fast food. I've gotten tons of recipes online and am starting this new year as a person who enjoys cooking. No longer am I going to say I hate to cook. I'm changing my whole attitude. This is just the beginning.


The beans smelled so fresh when I was cutting them.


My recipe binder. Yes, I needed a recipe for green beans. I wasn't sure if I needed to chop off the ends or not. I know, that is pretty pathetic, but I'm use to canned or frozen green beans.

Pork tenderloin to go with my green beans...it was very tasty and my green beans were yummy. I will never go back to frozen or canned beans again!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, fresh green beans are the bomb. I started cooking fresh green beans about a year ago. I make them "Rachael Ray" style. And yes, after you eat them fresh, you don't want to go canned or frozen.

    This is the way I make them: I boil them for 5 minutes (get the water boiling first with salt), then I drain them, pour cold water over them and put them back in the pot. Add butter or olive oil, pepper and one clove of garlic. Saute a bit and viola. it tastes so good. And I'm not a veggie person either.. I know, I'm bad.

    Keep the posts coming!! I love seeing new posts on your blog! LOL.. By the way, hows the new job chica?? What are you doing?? Email me if you want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, the green beans sound good that way! I'll have to try it. I'm sending you an e-mail. As soon as I get my coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a cook although I'm trying to change that. Maybe you two will rub off on me, he, he. Lisa's recipe sounds good. I love garlic...

    ReplyDelete