Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekending - Farmers Market and Flea Market

IMG_0136 IMG_0142 IMG_0140 IMG_0147 asparagus hydrangeas_collage IMG_0141 IMG_0149 IMG_0105 sunflower IMG_0148 IMG_0139 IMG_0103 IMG_0138 IMG_0150 IMG_0151 IMG_0144 IMG_0145 dollhouse IMG_0152 IMG_0137backyard hanging Ahh....the weekend.

On Saturday we headed to the Raleigh Farmers Market and Flea Market. The day was perfect. Sunny and in the low 80s. We couldn't have asked for a better day. I love going to the Farmers Market. So much goodness in one place. With Summer almost here, I plan on doing a lot of grilling and eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Strawberries were in abundance at the market! I was looking for fresh peaches but I don't think it's time for them yet. I found some green tomatoes and plan on making some fried green tomatoes, probably tonight when I get home from work. We also grabbed some kale. I've never had kale. I know it's all the rage now, but I'm not really sure what to do with. Guess I need to check out all my recipe apps. I couldn't pass up a butternut squash to throw on the grill or asparagus.

Knightdale, the little town we live in starts their Farmers Market at the end of May. It's about 5 minutes away, and I can't wait to check it out. I'm looking forward to all the local produce, fresh eggs, and other goodies they offer. I plan on making it a regular part of my Saturdays.

The flea market was a treasure trove of any and everything you could think of. I went looking for a little chair to sit my dolls on. I found one for $5, but forgot to take a picture. Being a Betty Boop fanatic  I couldn't pass up a picture of this life size statue. Anyone want to get her for me? She's only $500. Not sure where I would put her, but I'm sure I could find a place.

I loved the dollhouse. If I had a little girl, she would have a dollhouse and I would be right there playing along with her.

Looking through my photos, I seem to have a thing for pigs. Who knew! Well, I do love bacon, so maybe that's why I was drawn to the pigs.

I'm so happy for warmer weather and backyard hanging. We really didn't use our backyard a lot last Summer, but I plan on making us use it a lot more this year. Grilling, hanging out, enjoying the season that's upon us.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to farmer markets as well, it's a long time coming!! I was in NYC and we went to one right by the hotel, you cannot beat the vibe at a market.

    ReplyDelete