Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sweet Random Life

Kinda of dreary and chilly this morning. I'm ready for the warm weather to stay! One day we are in the 80's, the next back in the 60's. Just give me the 80's!

Porch swing will be finished tonight. I stained the bottom half yesterday and doing the top today. We decided to do a dark stain. I like dark stain, but not sure if I'm liking it on the swing. I won't decide until it's done and dry. Maybe once it's dried it won't seem so dark.

I've decided to work on the two babydolls I need to make at the same time. I finished the body of one last night, so going to start the body of the other today. I will switch back and forth between them and hopefully it won't take me too long to finish both. I'm kinda ready to move on to other things. Like....

~ socks - going to attempt a pair this weekend.
~ crochet - I have seen SO many crochet blankets, ripples, granny's, stripes! I want to make one!
~ flower planting - I have seeds, but need to prepare the flower beds. I might get to some of that this weekend. The seeds need to be in the ground before April is up!
~ knit something other than monsters and dolls. I have a few cowl patterns I want to try and even a cape. I figured a cape would be much easier than a sweater. And I kinda want to do a photo shoot in the woods with a basket and a Red Riding Hood cape. I know....according to my husband, I say the darnest things. I'm sure the Red Riding Hood cape would be one of the darnest things I say.

I've been craving shrimp and grits! I have all the ingredients, so thinking shrimp and grits for dinner tomorrow. Tonight is left-overs! How exciting!

This was a random post huh? Random is good sometimes :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week for you. I can't wait to see the yummy socks and your blanket making. If you can knit you can most certainly crochet. Oh set me up a plate for dinner ill be over. Thanks. Pepsi no ice please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to own a crocheted blanket too. I started the ripple blanket and quickly got bored of it. Actually that's not 100% true, it was also hurting my little finger...I've noticed it again tonight when crocheting :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment! Did you ever make a pair of socks before? I have bought some sock yarn so I can finally start my first pair. It's a bit scary don't you think?

    Crochet blankets are the bomb. Have you seen the tutorials of Attic24? If not, just google Attic24 and you'll find the most wonderfull blog with a lot of great tutorials.

    Shrimp huh, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw I nominated you for the versatile blogger award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete