Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

home sweet home
Everyday after work, I pick up Elijah from school and we head home. Our route takes us on a fairly busy street before getting on the beltline. The past couple of weeks on this busy street I've noticed a homeless women. At least I think she's homeless. She has a cart that she pushes laden down with bags, clothes, cardboard boxes and other misc. objects. Everyday on our way home, I find myself looking for her. I often wonder what happened in her life to bring her to this point. Does she have any family? Does anyone care? I've thought about stopping, but then what? What can I do? Sure, I could offer her money, but whatever I give wouldn't change her situation. I want to do something, but just don't know what.

I think about her all the way home and when I pull up into our driveway I sit there for a second and thank God for all He has given us. We have been blessed with a house, and I truly thank God everyday for it, because not everyone has that.

No comments:

Post a Comment