Monday, September 20, 2010

Football - Knights!

football
I remember as a little girl, I hated football, but now I love it. Having four boys, and a husband who has football in his blood, I had to learn to love it. We are in the second week of games. The boys are playing with the Knightdale Knights. Elijah plays for the mini-mites and Ezekiel plays for Pee Wee. So far both teams are undefeated.

Ezekiel and Elijah love football just like Fonzy, but Saturdays can sometimes be stressful. When Ezekiel and Elijah play football against each other, they are on top of their game. They hit hard, run hard and even talk trash to each other. Now put them on a field with other kids their age and they change! They act like they have never played football a day in their life! It’s so frustrating, especially to Fonzy. Coaches always say Elijah has so such talent, but when it comes to game time, it disappears. There have been many times Fonzy has wanted to jump out on the field and shake Elijah. We keep telling him that if he doesn’t start playing like he knows how to play, he will be on the bench! Unfortunately Ezekiel is experiencing that now. He is on the 2nd string and he gets so frustrated when he doesn’t play, but he didn’t prove himself during practice. And being their first year with this team, it makes it even harder. You need to shine, or on the bench you go.

I’m kind of caught in the middle with the boys and Fonzy. I know how frustrated he gets because he knows the potential they have, but then I feel bad for them when he is getting on to them. It’s a mom thing I guess. I know they need him getting on to them, because they perform better when he does. I just try to remind him to point out the good first, or I'll do it myself.

It’s early in the season, so I’m hoping they start to shine and perform like we know they can. If not, it might be a long season!

elijah
Elijah

ezekiel
Ezekiel

elijah

football - elijah

ezekiel

ezekiel

No comments:

Post a Comment