Monday, May 24, 2010

You are my sonshine

meandelijah2

meandelijah
blackberry pics

Sometimes I look at Elijah and I see Samuel. He has little looks that remind me of Samuel and he sometimes even acts like him. I catch these glimpses of Samuel and I think about his life, our relationship and how in his last few months here on earth we were growing closer. He would call me for no reason at all, just to chit chat. That wasn't the norm, but it was slowly becoming the norm and then he was gone.

Yesterday was a year since Samuel was taken from us. A year....

When the boys frustrate me, I try to remind myself that I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. That the time I have with them is precious and so fleeting.

Elijah, my last baby is growing up so fast. But right now, he still wants to hug on me, be close to me and I try to capture those moments because I never know when it will be for the last time.

2 comments:

  1. My Timmy resembles my oldest there are times I look at him and see Timmy there, a look, a smile. Take all those hugs you can get, you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

    Bette

    ReplyDelete