Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ice anyone?

How about our ice maker broke in one of the hottest weeks of the summer. It has been a hot, humid, sticky 101 degrees all week. And we have no ice. Well, let me rephrase that. I have the old fashioned ice trays that you have to keep filling up with water to get your ice. GASP...who wants to do that! So I called the apartment complex to come and fix the ice machine and as I was talking to the rep, I realized how spoiled I am. I am calling to complain about having no ice. How trivial is that? It really had me thinking. Have I become so spoiled(cough...cough) lazy that I can't fill up ice trays with water. Am I so spoiled that when I want a nice, cold glass of ice tea, all I want to do is open the freezer and grab ice from the bin, and not worry about filling up trays. What is wrong with me? Has it really come to that? That is really sad...unfortunately it didn't stop me from placing my work order, because it is one of the hottest weeks this summer and I need some ice tea!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny!!! I guess I'm a bit spoiled too. When our crushed ice wasn't working (I love chew ice), I called the repairman and they fixed it.. I was so happy... Just to let you know, you are not the only one that hates to fill up those trays. I am SUPER lazy when it comes to that..

    *Lisa*

    ReplyDelete